10.31.2011

What Does a Rhonchi Sound Like Anyway?

Before I hit my clinical rotations I wasn't really sure what a crackle or a rhonchi sounded like through a stethoscope. I have since gotten much better being on a geriatric floor riddled with COPD, CHF, pneumonia, interstitial lung disease, bronchiectasis, and TB - but it took hearing the abnormal sounds a few times before they really sunk in. I recently came across this site - and I wish that I had had it during my first year when I was trying to learn all of this. On the left side of the screen there is a menu with lung and heart sounds which are very realistic. It also has a "presentation" section that shows a stick figure inhaling and exhaling and shows dots where you'd expect to hear the defect. Pretty cool. Stethographics

UPDATE: These 2 sites were recommended via comment as newer alternatives to this pulmonary auscultation website: Practical Clinical Skills and Easy Auscultation

2 comments:

  1. That website hasn't been updated in several years. We are using www.practicalclinicalskills.com/lung-sounds.aspx and www.easyauscultation.com for free lung sounds training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the updated sites! They are much appreciated. I will add them to the body of the blog post. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete