9.09.2013

Antibiotics for Appendicitis?

I have had quite the hiatus from blog entries recently. Life gets busy somehow. Ha. I recently had hip surgery and had some blog worthy experiences as a patient that I hope to write about soon - but for now, I came across this interesting article on a PA (Andrew Gray, PA-C) that refused an appendectomy in lieu of antibiotic treatment for his acute appendicitis. He made his choice based on the fact that he did not have insurance and the results of a Swedish study. It is a short read, but very interesting and have evoked some feisty comments.

Saving My Appendix: http://www.pulsemagazine.org




2 comments:

  1. These tips and advices are really very much effective, antibiotics to buy for the full duration prescribed is the best way to assure that harmful bacteria causing the infection are completely eradicated.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing and I shall wait for the day to hear about your hip surgery experience. I used tons of ice pack and rubbing alcohol after my hip surgery. Ice packs in the hospital were way expensive and mine worked almost the same. Right now, I busy myself moving things on my own, very important not to become so dependent with anyone. What I'm really scared about is when people started talking about stryker hip lawsuit, since I'm a recipient of their product.

    ReplyDelete